After You Deliver
After You Deliver
Click here to download "A Guide to Postpartum Recovery and Newborn Care" provided by Maternal Newborn Health at GBMC. Here is a list of important resources for help at home and after hospital discharge.
- You are invited to attend GBMC’s “Mommy Matters,” a free support group for new mothers. Bring your baby and share and connect with other moms going through the joys and challenges of being a new mother. This group meets on Fridays from 10 a.m. to noon in the GBMC Physicians Pavilion East Civiletti Conference Center. Call the Parent Education Department at 443-849-2229 for more details.
- Postpartum Doula services are available through the GBMC Doula Touch Program. Call 443-849-6287 for in-home help support for infant care, breastfeeding support, meal preparation, laundry, light housekeeping, errands, transportation and companionship.
- Postpartum depression is a very common concern for many moms. Contact the Parent Education Department at 443-849-2229 to set up a one-on-one support consultation. We want to support your concerns and help identify positive solutions. Remember you are not alone.
- Call the GBMC Breastfeeding Warm Line at 443-849-3428 if you have questions or concerns about breastfeeding. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. Private lactation consults are available for a fee. Call the Warm Line to schedule a consult.
- Keep your obstetrician and pediatrician phone numbers readily available to call when medical questions arise.
- Fathers, significant others or partners are looking for ways to bond with the new baby. Here are some ideas:
- Have them take a turn getting up in the middle of the night so you can sleep a little longer.
- Encourage them to be involved in bath time.
- Have them take the baby for a walk so you can have some alone time.
- Grandparents are an invaluable resource. Make the most of their help! Grandparents are usually delighted to take over for an afternoon. This allows them to bond with their grandchild and gives you and your partner time to rest and nurture your relationship.