Planning & Approval Process
Program Planning & Approval Process
The CME Office will be happy to work with you in the planning of your CME activity. It is recommended that planning of an activity begin at east three months prior to the program. Applications completed less than one month prior to the meeting date can not be assured accreditation.
If you are a member of the GBMC medical staff and are interested in planning a new CME activity, please download and complete the CME Application Form. Then follow the steps below.
1. Obtain signatures on application of Program Director and Department Chairman.
2. Have all members of the planning committee complete the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form.
3. Submit application and signed disclosure forms to CME Office prior to any marketing of activity.
4. Work with CME office to develop marketing materials or have all marketing materials approved by the CME office.
5. When approved for Category 1, work with the CME Coordinator to make sure activity complies with seven essentials of CME and the ACCME Guidelines for Commercial Support.