Your First Appointment
When you come in, you will meet with our staff for a consultation, including an examination and medical history evaluation. Your physician along with our wound care team will establish a treatment plan. Information regarding your progress will be submitted to your physician on an ongoing basis. Depending on your situation, you may require additional non-invasive tests that provide information about blood flow in the wound area.
What you need to bring for your appointment:
- Any medical records regarding your current wound or related condition (lab tests, vascular studies, x-rays, or wound cultures
- All medications you are currently taking in their original containers, including aspirin, vitamins, and herbal supplements
- A list of all medication or food allergies
- If you require oxygen, please bring an adequate supply.
- Bring insurance cards and forms
- If you have diabetes, bring a snack and your medication
- Name, address and telephone number of the physician(s) you currently see
- A legal guardian MUST accompany patients who are unable to comprehend or sign appropriate forms
- If you have an Advanced Directive, please bring a copy with you.
- Reading material. Your first visit will last 1 ½ to 2 hours.
What will happen once you arrive?
One our our RN/Case Managers will introduce herself, review your prior medical history, photograph and measure your wound and provide you with additional information regarding the remainder of your visit. A physician specialty-trained in wound management will develop a plan of care with you to ensure maximum healing of your wound.