Dear Families of the GBMC Pediatric Group:
Happy Summer! We would like to take this opportunity to give you an update about our office as well as provide some reminders of our practices and policies.
New single phone number: Starting July 1, 2011, we can be reached arour new number: 443-849-4000
Electronic Medical Records: Our electronic medical record system is here! We will be typing instead of writing during your doctor visits. Please be patient with us as we get adjusted to this new way of life. As a part of your electronic medical record, we will be requesting your email address. Patient satisfaction surveys will be sent by e-mail if you have e-mail access.
New Doctor: We are pleased to announce that Dr. Rachel Plotnick joined our practice on July 1, 2011. Dr. Plotnick graduated from the University of Maryland School of Medicine and completed her pediatric residency at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Plotnick joins our practice after five years in a large pediatric practice in Ellicott City. If you are unable to schedule your child's annual physical with your primary doctor this summer, Dr. Plotnick still has appointments available and will be able to accommodate you. We are very excited to welcome Dr. Plotnick to our practice!
No Saturday office hours for the month of August.
Here are some reminders of our office practices/policies:
- Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm. Saturdays: 8:30am-11am for sick visits only.
- After hours telephone calls: We have a pediatrician on call when the office is closed. If you need to reach us, call our office and follow the voice mail prompts to obtain the on call number. Please leave a message and you should receive a call back within 1-2 hours. If you have not heard back, we encourage you to call again to ensure the page went through. There is a $20 charge for phone calls made after hours. This charge is not covered by most insurance plans and is the responsibility of the patient.
- Late arrival policy: We encourage patients to arrive 10 minutes before their scheduled appointment time for check in, insurance verification, etc. If you arrive later than 15 minutes from your scheduled appointment, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Cancellation policy: If you cannot make your appointment, please call us before your appointment time. We are happy to reschedule you. Patients who miss more than one appointment without calling ahead may be subject to dismissal from the practice.
- Forms: We encourage patients to submit forms as early as possible when able. The turnaround time for forms is one week and there is a $20 charge per child per calendar year for all forms. There is a $25 charge for forms needed within 24 hours.
- Co-payments: Co-pays are due at the time of visit. Please note that your insurance card will be checked at each visit. If you do not have your card with you and your insurance cannot be verified at the time of your appointment, you will receive a bill for that visit.
- Website: We have one! URL: www. gbmc.org/pediatrics
As always, we thank you for allowing us to care for your children. It is an honor and a privilege for us to be your medical home. We wish you a safe and healthy summer season!
Drs. Boscia, Doran, Nguyen, Yeh, and Plotnick