On behalf of the Human Resources and Learning and Organization Development departments, we welcome you to employment at Greater Baltimore Medical Center Healthcare Systems by inviting you to attend the New Employee Orientation Program. Information about New Employee Orientation is provided for you through the links on this page. If you have any questions about the orientation process, please feel free to contact your Human Resources Business Partner (listed in your offer letter) or the Learning and Organization Development department at 443-849-6792.
For December, 2014 and January, 2015, New Employee Orientation is all day Monday and a half day on Tuesday. Beginning February, 2015, New Employee Orientation is all day Monday only.
Registration begins promptly at 7:30 a.m., and is required before being admitted to the Orientation presentation, which begins at 7:45 a.m. The Executive Welcome begins at 8:00 a.m., at which time the doors close to preserve the learning environment.
What to bring:
- Employee Identification Badge - if you have already received one
- A printed copy of your offer letter email
- A voided check if you would like to sign up for direct deposit and have not done so through your Red Carpet paperwork.
- A Pen (you will be signing paperwork)
- A sweater or jacket in case the room is cool.
- Whatever you would like to drink or eat. Pitchers of water will be available. One boxed lunch per employee is provided on Monday.
For your convenience:
- There are two vending machines located in the South Chapman building (cold drinks and snacks).
- A refrigerator and microwave are available for your use.
What we provide:
- A boxed lunch will be provided on Monday; however, if you do not care to eat the boxed lunch, please bring a lunch with you. Please note: there is no availability to purchase food in the South Chapman Building. A microwave and refrigerator will be available for your use if you bring a lunch.
- There are vending machines on the premises to purchase cold drinks and snacks. Please note there is no availability to purchase coffee. Please bring your own, if desired.
GBMC is a professional working environment and therefore employees are expected to dress accordingly. If your department requires you to wear a uniform while on duty, you are welcome to wear that to orientation. Jeans, capris, shorts, tank tops, flip-flops, sweatpants, and tightly fitted clothing will not be allowed. Appropriate shoes are required. Questions about appropriate dress code for your department can be directed to your new manager, whose name and phone number are listed in your offer letter.
New Employee Orientation is located in the South Chapman Building, 6545 North Charles Street. All attendees of New Employee Orientation will park in the Tulip Garage on the day of orientation. Directions to Tulip Garage can be found under the parking link below.
Orientation Schedule 2014
You can contact Human Resources at 443-849-2204 if you have any additional questions.