New Employee Orientation
On behalf of the Human Resources and Learning and Organization Development departments, we welcome you to employment at GBMC Healthcare by inviting you to attend New Employee Orientation. If you have any questions about the orientation process, please contact your Human Resources Business Partner (listed in your offer letter) or the Learning and Organization Development department at 443-849-2270.
New Employee Orientation is held on select Mondays during the month and is a full-day program. Registration begins promptly at 7:30 a.m., and is required before being admitted to the Orientation presentation, which begins at 7:45 a.m. The Executive Welcome begins at 8:00 a.m., at which time the doors close to preserve the learning environment.
What to bring:
- Employee identification badge (if you have already received one). All others will receive their badge at orientation.
- A pen (you will be signing paperwork).
- A sweater or jacket in case the room is cool.
- Whatever you would like to drink or eat. Pitchers of water will be available. One boxed lunch per employee is provided on Monday.
What we provide:
- A boxed lunch will be provided on Monday; however, if you do not care to eat the boxed lunch, please bring a lunch with you. Please note: there is no availability to purchase lunches in the South Chapman Building.
- There are vending machines on the premises to purchase cold drinks and snacks. Please note there is no availability to purchase coffee. Please bring your own, if desired.
GBMC is a professional working environment and therefore employees are expected to dress accordingly. If your department requires you to wear a uniform while on duty, you are welcome to wear that to orientation. Jeans, shorts, tank tops, flip flops, sweatpants, and tightly fitted clothing will not be allowed. Appropriate shoes are required. Questions about appropriate dress code for your department can be directed to your new manager, whose name and telephone number are listed in your offer letter.
New Employee Orientation is usually located in the Civiletti Conference Center in Physicians Pavilion East, and occasionally in the South Chapman Building, 6545 North Charles Street. All attendees of New Employee Orientation will park in the Tulip Park garage on the day of orientation. Directions to Tulip Park can be found under the Orientation Schedule link below.
Orientation Schedule 2015
You can contact Human Resources at 443-849-2204 if you have any additional questions.