Application to the Internal Medicine Residency Program at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) will be through ERAS 2015, the Electronic Residency Application Service. No paper applications will be accepted. For more information please visit our website at http://www.gbmc.org/body.cfm?id=225
A completed application to our program will consist of:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (ERAS document acceptable)
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter/Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Four Letters of Recommendation - At least one of which must be from an internal medicine primary care or medical subspecialist preceptor.
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Part I Transcript (For Categorical applicants: minimum Score of 230 on first attempt)
- ECFMG Status Report (International Medical Graduates Only)
We typically do not grant interviews to candidates who have ever failed a step of the USMLE. Unless an applicant has a particularly superb record, we discourage applicants who have graduated more than 10 years ago.
US Medical Students:
Contact your Dean's Office for ERAS software and instructions.
International Medical Graduates:
Contact ECFMG for ERAS software & instructions.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS: November 1, 2015
Number of Positions:
|NRMP Program Code|| 1241140PO
NRMP Program Code
|(443) 849-2682||9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (EST)||Monday - Thursday|
|(443) 849-2682||9 a.m. - 2 p.m.||Fridays|
email is the preferred method of communication.
Internal Medicine Residency Program
6565 North Charles Street-Suite 203
Baltimore, MD 21204
GRADUATES OF INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL SCHOOLS
To enter the Internal Medicine Residency Program at GBMC, you must hold a current, valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
IMGs with a graduate date before 2016, must submit USMLE Part 1, USMLE Part 2 and a passing CS before being eligible for an interview.
International Medical School students anticipating graduation in Spring 2016 will be required to submit verification of passing scores in USMLE Part 1 before an interview will be granted. USMLE Part 2 and CS results must be available before January 31, 2016 to be eligible for our NRMP rank list.
VISAS FOR GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
- Permanent Resident
- Employment Authorization from the INS
- F-1 Student Optional Practical Training (Can be used for preliminary track only)
- Exchange Visitor J-1
For further information regarding residency training in the U.S. contact:
ECFMG 3624 Market Street-4th Floor
Philadelphia PA 19104-2685
NRMP2450 "N" Street NW, Suite 301
Washington, DC 20037-1141