GBMC offers a comprehensive continuum of care, treating inpatients and outpatients. Its renowned Colorectal Surgery Residency Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and provides high quality surgical care, specializing in management of the colon and rectum, colorectal screening, colonoscopy and laparoscopic surgery.
If circumstances dictate the need for an ostomy, your surgeon will discuss this with you.
- Pre and post-operative consultations
- Pre-operative evaluation and marking of stoma site
- Patient education
- Personalized appliance selection and fitting
- Peristoma skin care
- Ongoing support and problem solving
- Intimacy counseling and relationship concerns