To qualify as an applicant for the Colon and Rectal Suregery Residency Program at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC), you must have completed a 5 year General Surgery Program accredited by the ACGME and be able to qualify for a Maryland Medical License.
Application to the Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency Program at Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) will be through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only. No paper applications will be accepted.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photostatic copy of Medical School grades and diploma.
- Letter from your medical school documenting your performance.
- General Surgery Residency Program Director's Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation - At least one of which must be from your General Surgery Residency Program
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG Status Report (Foreign Medical Graduates Only)
George Y. Apostolides, M.D.
Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency Program
Physicians Pavilion North Building
6535 North Charles Street - Suite 445
Towson, MD 21204
To enter the Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency Program at GBMC, you must hold a current, valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
IMGs with a graduate date before 2001, must submit USMLE Part 1, USMLE Part 2 and a passing English test or TOEFL before being eligible for an interview.
Employment Authorization from the INS
Exchange Visitor J-1
For further information regarding residency training in the U.S. contact:
3624 Market Street-4th Floor
Philadelphia PA 19104-2685
2450 "N" Street NW, Suite 301
Washington, DC 20037-1141