Poisonous snake bites are medical emergencies and require immediate attention. The bite of a snake can cause severe local tissue damage and often requires follow-up care. The right anti-venom can save a person's life. Even though most snakes are not poisonous, avoid picking up or playing with any snake unless you have been properly trained.
|Review Date: 1/8/2009|
Reviewed By: Jacob L. Heller, MD, Emergency Medicine, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, Clinic. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997-
A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.