HealthDay News Articles - For Your Information

Back to Health Library

Health Tip: Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Including headache and fatigue

(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by many heat-making devices, such as boilers and stoves. If these devices are improperly vented, carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says common initial warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

  • Having a headache.
  • Feeling tired.
  • Feeling shortness of breath.
  • Having nausea.
  • Feeling dizzy.
  • Having flu-like symptoms without a fever.

If you have these symptoms with no apparent cause, evacuate the premises immediately and seek immediate medical attention.


Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.

Greater Baltimore Medical Center | 6701 North Charles Street | Baltimore, MD 21204 | (443) 849-2000 | TTY (800) 735-2258
© 2014  GBMC. This website is for informational purposes only and not intended as medical advice or a substitute for a consultation with a professional healthcare provider.