Daisy Award Nomination
The Daisy Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes who died of complications of the auto-immune disease Idiopathic
During Pat’s 8 week hospitalization, his family was awestruck by the care and compassion
What is The Daisy Award?
The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses everyday. GBMC is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor every other month!
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit and will receive:
The Barnes Family asks that whenever and wherever nurses smell that wonderful cinnamon aroma, they stop for a moment and think about how special they are.
Who is eligible for The Daisy Award?
Anyone can nominate a nurse for The Daisy Award. The Daisy Award Committee selects one nurse who exemplifies the following characteristics:
• Made a special connection with me and my family
• Went above and beyond to meet my expectations
• Significantly affected your clinical outcomes
• Included me and my family in my ongoing plan of care
• Included me and my family in education and discharge preparations, answering all of my questions in a way I/we could understand
• Included other healthcare team members if he/she could not answer my questions or resolve any issues
Nomination Deadline is October 13th!!..