Donations will be accepted from Wednesday, June 1, 2016 through Thursday, August 11, 2016. Donation hours are Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. - 12 noon, and the first and third Saturdays of each month from 9 a.m. - 12 noon, except holiday weekends.
Holiday Closing: Saturday, July 2, 2016 - Monday, July 4, 2016. Re-open Tuesday, July 5, 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: Donations are scheduled to end August 11, 2016, but since we are subject to space limitations, please call 410-828-9467 or check www.gbmc.org/sale to confirm the actual closing date.
INCLEMENT WEATHER CLOSINGS:
During inclement weather, we may close early. During inclement weather, Nearly New follows the Baltimore County School schedule. If Baltimore County schools close due to the weather, we are closed. If Baltimore County schools open one hour late due to the weather, we open at 10:00 a.m. instead of 9:00 a.m. If unsure whether we are open, please call Nearly New directly at 410-828-9467.
TYPES OF ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT FOR THE SALE:
Nearly New accepts cash or a check with proper ID when paying for sale merchandise. Please note: Nearly New does not accept credit/Debit cards as payment for merchandise at the sale.
THE GBMC VOLUNTEER AUXILIARY’S MISSION TO SUPPORT PATIENT CARE:
The Nearly New Sales has been a successful fundraising event for over 50 years. Your generosity makes it possible for our Nearly New Sale, along with other Auxiliary fund raising sources to contribute significant dollars to the Volunteer Auxiliary for patient care. Recently proceeds from the sale have been given to:
- $50,000 to the 5K Race benefiting the NICU
- $1,000,000 for a 2 year contribution period to the GBMC Center for Neurology
- $250,000 for a 5-year contribution period to the Gilchrist Kids Endowment Fund
Tax Letter: We continue to provide tax letters to our patrons as a courtesy. Even though GBMC is not obligated to provide the "tax-credit letter", we have come to realize that these letters are appreciated by our donors and volunteers. They are a good faith estimate of fair market value, and also serve as a testimony to our donors of the care and detail that our Nearly New volunteers practice in making this sale a success year after year. Please note that donors are indeed responsible to their own tax deductions and valuations, and the amounts provided in our tax-credit letters are provided only as estimates. Should the donors feel that any of the amounts are unreasonable, they should utilize their own methods and substantiation for tax deductions. Letters to people who donated items to Nearly New for the 2016 Spring and Fall Sales will be mailed the first week of January 2017. If you donated and do not receive a letter by mid-January 2017, please call Nearly New at 410-828-9467 and it will be resent. As always, we are very appreciative of all our donors for their support.
Patron pass: In order to be eligible for a Patron Pass for our sales, an individual must donate at least $75 in saleable items for each sale. A Patron pass admits two people to the first two days of the upcoming sale. Patron Passes will be mailed to eligible donors prior to each sale.
- DONATIONS PACKING REQUIREMENTS:
- Box size should be no larger than 16"x16"x16"
- Clothing donations should be tightly packed in boxes and or clothing should be on hangers. This will help facilitate the handling of your donations.
- Fragile/ breakable items: Containers with breakable items should be marked fragile.
- Close and Mark Boxes: Please close all boxes securely and mark each box with your name, address and phone number, both inside and outside so that we can properly identify your donations.
- DONATIONS ACCEPTED: First-rate quality, in good condition and clean, please. Due to limited storage and our desire to improve the quality of the goods we sell, Nearly New has to be selective. Your help in ensuring that the quality of our goods meets the above criteria is greatly appreciated.
- We will not be accepting televisions this sale.
- Only furniture and appliances in very good condition that can be lifted by one person may be accepted. All electrical and electronic equipment must be in working condition.
- Only Pentium IV computers or newer with Windows XP or higher OS will be accepted.
- Only working printers with installation software and cables will be accepted.
- DONATIONS NOT ACCEPTED: Due to the facilities limited storage, we are unable to accept:
- Out-of-season clothing; such as shorts and t-shirts for our fall sale, or wool and heavy clothing for our spring sale.
- Clothing that is soiled, stained, ripped or pilled
- Appliances/Small Electrics:
- Large appliances; such as stoves, refrigerators, etc.
- No televisions will be accepted
- Non-working or dirty small appliances or gadgets
- Large, heavy or upholstered
- Broken furniture
- Large Venetian or other window blinds over 4 feet in length
- Non-acceptable printed materials:
- Used Library Books
- National Geographic magazines
- Reader's Digest condensed books
- Water stained, mildewed or coverless books
- Children’s Items:
- Broken toys
- Baby or toddler car seats
- Recalled merchandise
- Medical Equipment:
- Medical hardware or homecare products
- Miscellaneous Items::
- Console electronic equipment
- Canning Jars
- Over-the-counter medications
- Fast-food drink cups
- Large manual typewriters
- Food and Beverages
- Cell phones
- Homemade media recordings
If you have any questions, or in case of inclement weather (i.e. extremely hot day, snow, or icy roads), please contact the Nearly New Sales Office directly at 410-828-9467 to confirm they are open for donations.
DIRECTIONS TO NEARLY NEW SALE BUILDING:Take Charles Street to the GBMC entrance. After passing gate house, take first left-hand turn, and then take next left. Proceed to top of hill to parking lot on left.
THANK YOU ~ Your donations directly benefit patient care at GBMC!