Facts & Statistics
- Size - 245 licensed beds (Acute Care)
- Location - Towson, Maryland
- Coverage Area - The majority of GBMC's patients reside in Baltimore and Harford counties and in Baltimore City. In addition to those jurisdictions, many GBMC patients live in Carroll and Howard counties as well as southern Pennsylvania and beyond.
- Facilities - Located on approximately 72 acres on North Charles Street, GBMC's main building contains over 1.2 million square feet. In addition to the main hospital building, the Towson campus includes three physician pavilions (Physicians Pavilion East, Physicians Pavilion West, Physicians Pavilion North I); additional support buildings; parking garages/spaces for 3,573 vehicles and Gilchrist Hospice Care.
- Residency Programs - GBMC has five residency programs recognized by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education: Internal Medicine, Colo-Rectal Surgery, Ophthalmology**, Obstetrics/Gynecology**, and Otolaryngology**.
- Number of Surgical Procedures - 28,284 (inpatient and outpatient)
- Number of ER Visits - 57,360
- Number of Births - 3,976
- Number of Admissions - 20,874 (includes births)
- Patient Days - 65,143 (excludes newborn, NICU and sub-acute)
- Average Patient Length of Stay - 3.86 days (acute care)
- Uncompensated Care - $4.6 million
- Number of Employees - Approximately 3,800
- Number of Privileged Physicians - 1,112
- Number of Volunteers - 935 (GBMC & Gilchrist Hospice Care)
- Faculty Practice - Bariatric Surgery, Breast Surgery, Cochlear Implants, Colo-Rectal Surgery, Dexa, Family Practice, Fertility Center, General Surgery, Medicine, NeuroSurgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Pediatrics, Psychiatry.
- Hospice Services - Gilchrist Hospice Care
For a complete list of GBMC's Greater Facts, click here to download a PDF.
*Statistics are for Fiscal Year 2013
**Johns Hopkins Integrated Programs