Mission & Accreditations
GBMC includes Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC), Greater Baltimore Medical Associates (GBMA), Gilchrist Hospice Care, and the GBMC Foundation.
As our national healthcare system evolves, for GBMC to maintain its status as a provider of the highest quality medical care to our community, we must transform our philosophy and organizational structure, and develop a model system for delivering patient-centered care.
We define patient-centered care as care that manages the patient's health effectively and efficiently while respecting the perspective and experience of the patient and the patient's family. Continuity of care and ease of navigation through a full array of services will be the rule. Our professional staff will be able to say with confidence that the guidance and medical care they are providing mirrors what they would want for their own family.
We will create the organizational and economic infrastructure required to deliver evidence-based, patient-centered care and for holding ourselves accountable for that care. This new organization will be defined by collaboration and improvement. Physicians will lead teams that will manage patient care.
We are moving into the future with renewed energy and increasing insight. We look forward to building relationships with both community-based and employed physicians that will form the foundation of Greater Baltimore Health Alliance. We welcome all those who share our vision of health care as it is transformed to meet the needs of our community and nation in the 21st century.
Vision Phrase: To every patient, every time, we will provide the care that we would want for our own loved ones.
- Respect: I will treat everyone with courtesy. I will foster a healing environment.
- Excellence: I will strive for superior performance in every aspect of my work. I will recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of others.
- Accountability: I will be professional in the way I act, look and speak. I will take ownership to solve problems.
- Teamwork: I will be engaged and collaborative. I will keep people informed.
- Ethical Behavior: I will always act with honesty and integrity. I will protect the patient.
- Results: I will set goals and measure outcomes that support organizational goals. I will give and accept help to achieve goals.