1) What information do I need to provide, when scheduling an appointment? 2) What is the scheduling lag time? 3) How do I prepare for my examination? 4) Should I arrive early for my appointment? 5) What do I need to bring?
You will need to provide your full name and date of birth, type of test and insurance information. Please also have your prescription or physician order available when calling.
Nuclear Medicine stress testing, general ultrasound, and echocardiography are available immediately. Vascular ultrasound is available within one week for non-emergent studies. Diagnostic fluoroscopy procedures are available within 48 hours, while plain-film studies and DEXA scans are scheduled immediately. Non-emergent interventional radiology procedures are generally scheduled within one week, but the timing depends on the procedure.
The scheduler will provide each patient with preparation instructions.
Yes. Patients should arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled appointment time unless otherwise directed. This is to allow for registration before the examination.
Bring the prescription for your examination or the physician order. Also bring your insurance card and a photo ID. If you have any films from another facility, pertaining to the area to be examined, please bring them as well.
1) What information do I need to provide, when scheduling an appointment?
2) What is the scheduling lag time?
3) How do I prepare for my examination?
4) Should I arrive early for my appointment?
5) What do I need to bring?
6) How long does the examination take?
This depends on the type of test and can range from five minutes to three hours. The radiology scheduler will provide you with an expected timeframe.
7) How will my physician receive my results?
The Department of Radiology will send your results to your physician within 24-48 hours after your appointment. Patients will receive their results from their physician.
Physician Alternative for Obtaining Reports: Physician offices can call the imaging library at 443.849.2325 for results, or they may call extension 2343 and follow the voice prompts.
8) If I want to pick up a copy of my image(s), whom do I contact?
Patient may request copies of images by calling the Imaging Library at 443-849-2325. Images may be saved to a CD or DVD and made available to the patient and/or physician.
9) Who should we call to schedule a biopsy?All radiology biopsy procedures are scheduled by calling 443.849.3935.
10) Who should I call to schedule a DEXA scan?DEXA appointments can be scheduled by calling 443-849-6333.