Application to the Internal Medicine Residency Program at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) will be through ERAS 2015, the Electronic Residency Application Service. No paper applications will be accepted.
A completed application to our program will consist of:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (ERAS document acceptable)
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter/Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Four Letters of Recommendation - At least one of which must be from an internal medicine primary care or medical subspecialist preceptor.
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Part I Transcript (For Categorical applicants: minimum Score of 230 on first attempt)
- ECFMG Status Report (International Medical Graduates Only)
We typically do not grant interviews to candidates who have ever failed a step of the USMLE. Unless an applicant has a particularly superb record, we discourage applicants who have graduated more than 10 years ago.
US Medical Students:
Contact your Dean's Office for ERAS software and instructions.
International Medical Graduates:
Contact ECFMG for ERAS software & instructions.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS: November 1, 2015
Number of Positions: 8
Medicine-Preliminary NRMP Program Code: 1241140P012
Medicine-Primary NRMP Program Code: 1241140M0
|443-849-2682||9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (EST)||Monday - Thursday|
|9 a.m. - 2 p.m.||Fridays|
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email is the preferred method of communication.
Internal Medicine Residency Program
6565 North Charles Street-Suite 203
Baltimore, MD 21204
GRADUATES OF INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL SCHOOLS
To enter the Internal Medicine Residency Program at GBMC, you must hold a current, valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
IMGs with a graduate date before 2016, must submit USMLE Part 1, USMLE Part 2 and a passing CS before being eligible for an interview.
International Medical School students anticipating graduation in Spring 2016 will be required to submit verification of passing scores in USMLE Part 1 before an interview will be granted. USMLE Part 2 and CS results must be available before January 31, 2016 to be eligible for our NRMP rank list.
VISAS FOR GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
- Permanent Resident
- Employment Authorization from the INS
- F-1 Student Optional Practical Training (Can be used for preliminary track only)
- Exchange Visitor J-1
For further information regarding residency training in the U.S. contact:
ECFMG 3624 Market Street-4th Floor
Philadelphia PA 19104-2685
NRMP2450 "N" Street NW, Suite 301
Washington, DC 20037-1141