You're at the midway point in your pre-surgery program! Can you believe it? In three short months, you will be ready for your actual weight loss procedure. With that being said, let's take a look at some things you'll need to do to prepare for the big day.
- Review your Comprehensive Obesity Management Program informational packet.
- Find out about any pre-surgery requirements, such as medical tests that need to be performed. This will vary for each individual, but you want to make sure you've dotted the I's and crossed the T's so that nothing is standing between you and your surgery.
- Start making a grocery list of things you'll need for surgery. Two weeks before surgery, diet guidelines will become even more specific, so go ahead and start planning.
- Be sure to have some comfy, loose fitting clothes to wear to and from the hospital for your surgery. Also, start thinking about transportation to and from the hospital.
- If you have any specific questions or concerns leading up to surgery, be sure to talk to your dietitian or surgeon. To ease your mind, attend a support group to talk to patients who have already experienced surgery. Click here for more information on upcoming bariatric support groups.