Women's Health at GBMC
GBMC is dedicated to providing women with an integrated full continuum of medically sophisticated, gender-based care. Our goal is to improve and maintain the quality of life for women in the community through health, healing and hope, in a respectful, safe environment.GBMC has a long-standing tradition of caring for women that began in 1822 when one of GBMC's parent hospitals, The Hospital of the Women of Maryland in Baltimore City, opened up as the second women's hospital in the country. That tradition continues today through a comprehensive offering of women's health services.
- GBMC is consistently ranked among the top hospitals in Central Maryland for births, and leads the Baltimore Metro Area for number of deliveries.
- For nine straight years (2002-2011), the readers of Maryland Family Magazine have named GBMC as "Best Maternity Hospital."
- GBMC has a Women's Surgical Center, dedicated to treating patients with gynecologic and breast conditions. Women undergoing surgery at GBMC receive the highest quality, personalized care in a compassionate environment.
- Minimally invasive surgical options are available for a variety of procedures including gynecological cancer treatments, hysterectomies, tubal ligations and urinary incontinence.
- The surgeons at GBMC performed the first da Vinci™ robotic-assisted gynecologic surgery (2006) at a community (non-academic) hospital in the mid-Atlantic (MD, DC, DE, VA) region.
You can learn more about GBMC Women's Services by watching the videos above!