Serving Size: 4 ounces
Number of Servings: 12
1 lb ground chicken
½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp chili powder
⅛ tsp paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
⅛ tsp salt
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 large green pepper, finely diced
1 large red pepper, finely diced
½ medium onion, finely diced
8 large eggs
⅓ cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
¼ cup fresh cilantro
- In a large freezer bag, combine ground chicken, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Marinate chicken/spice mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan and place over medium heat.
- Add ground chicken to the pan and sauté until fully cooked.
- Transfer ground chicken into muffin tin.
- Evenly distribute the diced peppers and onion between the muffin cups, on top of the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and pour evenly on top of veggies, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Season the top of each egg cup with salt and pepper and then sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cilantro.
- Bake at 350F for around 20 minutes.
Total Fat: 7.6g