4 oz chicken breast, thinly sliced
1 cup of cauliflower rice
1 yellow onion, small diced
1 carrot, small diced
2 celery stalks, small diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Cut one head of cauliflower into florets.
- Place the florets into a food processor and blend until cauliflower is riced.
- Stop processor, remove lid and stir to promote consistent size and texture
- Remove cauliflower rice from food processor and reserve
- Small dice onion, carrots, and celery; place on a plate
- Mince ginger and garlic; place on a plate
- Butterfly the chicken breast and thinly slice it into 1/4" strips
- Place 1 tsp of sesame oil in a cast iron pan on medium heat
- Add onion, carrots, celery, ginger and garlic to the pan; season with salt and pepper
- Sauté vegetables until tender, about 2 minutes
- Place chicken in the pan and season with salt and pepper
- Sauté chicken for 3-4 minutes until fully cooked
- Add cauliflower rice to pan, season with salt and pepper
- Sauté cauliflower rice for 1-2 minutes until tender
- Add soy sauce and cook for an additional minute
- Slice green onions on a bias and place into pan
- Serve immediately in a bowl
Watch the Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice cooking demonstration here.
Recipe yields 1 serving
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Recipe courtesy of Michael Salamon, The Sleeved Chef.