3 large eggs, separated
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
1 turkey sausage patty
1 slice cheddar cheese
Watch the Turkey Sausage, Egg and Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich cooking demonstration here
- Separate three of the eggs into yolks and whites.
- Whip egg whites and cream of tartar to stiff peaks.
- Whisk together egg yolks and fat-free Greek yogurt.
- Whip a small amount of the egg whites into egg yolks.
- Fold egg yolks into egg whites until fully combined.
- Distribute batter into six segments on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a Silpat. NOTE: The mixture should hold its shape and look like a fluffy cloud.
- Bake in a 300-degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cloud bread from tray and place on a cooling rack.
- Put extra virgin olive oil in a sauté pan and warm over medium heat.
- Season the turkey sausage with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey sausage in sauté pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Melt cheddar cheese on turkey sausage and place both on a piece of cloud bread.
- Crack the remaining egg on a flat surface and put it into a bowl, checking for any shell.
- Scramble the egg in the same pan as turkey sausage; add additional olive oil as needed.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper, place on top of turkey sausage and add a second piece of cloud bread.
Recipe yields 1 serving
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 27g
Recipe courtesy of Michael Salamon, The Sleeved Chef.