Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cochlear Protocol
Redesigning care, with your safety top of mind.Hospitals and medical offices are now permitted to see patients for all types of care, including elective surgery. We have been working hard to ensure that the hospital and physicians' practices are ready for you. Please call your provider or login to MyChart to schedule an in-person or telehealth video visit today!
The following practices are experiencing issues with their phone lines due to a service interruption with an outside vendor:
- GBMC Health Partners Eye Center at Joppa Road
- GBMC Health Partners at Jonestown
- GBMC Health Partners at Hunt Manor
- GBMC Health Partners at Hunt Valley
- GBMC Health Partners at Jarrettsville
- GBMC Health Partners at Owings Mills (Family Care and Internal Medicine)
- GBMC Health Partners at Padonia
- Dr. Caren Craig's office
- Ambulatory Testing Center
- The Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at Crossroads
- West Road Business Office
If you need to reach your medical provider, please use the MyChart patient portal at gbmc.org/mychart. MyChart can be used for secure messaging with a provider, prescription refills, accessing test results, and more!
If you have tried using MyChart and still have an urgent need, please call 443-849-8556 for assistance. If this is a true medical emergency, please dial 911.
GBMC will be sending out additional communications to keep you informed as we work to address the vendor's service disruption.
Yours in good health,
GBMC Health Partners
Keeping You SafeHospitals and medical offices are now permitted to see patients for all types of care, including elective surgery. We have been working hard to ensure that the hospital and physicians' practices are ready for you. We have redesigned the way we provide care with your safety in mind.
We will continue to offer telehealth video visits for anyone who prefers that option. However, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to protect your safety when you need to come to the hospital, a primary care office, or one of our specialty practices.
Some of the measures GBMC Health Partners is taking to protect patients include:
- GBMC Health Partners is seeing patients in person and via telehealth video visits. Using video visits allows you to talk with your doctor without leaving home. This reduces the number of patients coming through the office and decreases the potential for inadvertent exposure of patients and staff to COVID-19. Thus, in-person visits can be done safely for those who need them. We encourage you to utilize MyChart for your telehealth needs, and you can also call your doctor if you need help. We are ready to assist you.
- Extensive cleaning of all work spaces and patient areas is performed between encounters and throughout the day.
- All patients, providers, and staff members attest to COVID related symptoms upon arrival and must wear masks (along with other appropriate personal protective equipment "PPE" if necessary).
- All patients are asked COVID-19 screening questions when they make their appointment and again when they arrive. Patients are given specific appointment times to limit the number of people in the offices at one time, and are kept in private exam rooms during their visits.
- To allow for safe distancing, our office hours may be adjusted during this time, and offices themselves have been rearranged. In certain locations, there may be physical barriers in place, and in some cases, family members may be asked to wait in their vehicles. One family member or friend may accompany a patient to the appointment.
- All surgical patients are tested for COVID-19 pre-operatively.
- COVID-19 positive patients and patients under investigation (PUIs) who require hospital admission are sequestered in the hospital. Outpatients who are COVID-19 positive or PUIs are encouraged to utilize telehealth video visits to determine whether in-person care is needed.
We are excited to resume serving our patients with a modified schedule as recommended the week of May 18th, 2020. We appreciate your patience as we implement precautions to keep you and our community safe. Things will look a bit different at our center, but it will be the same smiling faces underneath our masks and face shields! We are aware of the impact that masks have on so many of our patients who rely on visual cues to assist with communication. Supplemental communication options, such as real-time captioning, will be available if needed to ensure good interaction. Below you will find the most current policy as we re-open the office. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our office at 443-849-8400.
COVID-19- Safety Screening and Visitor Policies
For the safety of our patients and staff, and to reduce potential exposure to Coronavirus/ COVID-19, GBMC Health Partners and the Presbyterian Board of Governors Cochlear Implant Center of Excellence at GBMC have implemented the following patient and visitor policy.
Patients and visitors will be asked to wear a mask, receive a temperature screening and be asked screening questions by clinical staff prior to entry into the center. Patients will not be allowed entry:
- If a patient/visitor has a fever greater than 100.0(F)
- If patient/visitor has been in contact with someone who was confirmed or suspected to have Coronavirus/ COVID-19 in the last month.
- If patient/visitor has experienced flu-like symptoms in the last month.
- If patient/visitor has traveled internationally in the last month.
Following social distancing protocols, we ask that you arrive on time to your scheduled appointment.
- If arrive early, you may be asked to wait in your vehicle and will be contacted via phone when it is time to come into the office.
- If arrive late, you may be asked to re-schedule your appointment.
One parent or caregiver of pediatric patient (< 18 years) will be permitted to accompany patient to facilitate care or treatment. No visitors will be permitted to accompany the patient in the waiting room or procedure room unless needed to facilitate care or treatment. In this circumstance, one visitor will be permitted.
We will ask that you complete forms ahead of time and/or electronically to reduce your exposure in the waiting room. Limited and spaced seating will be available in the waiting area, but our goal is to begin service immediately when possible. All surfaces will be cleaned following each patients’ appointment, so this will require a few additional steps in between each patient. Please follow directions for the recommended standing and seating arrangement in the waiting room. Thank you for your continued trust in the CI Center @ GBMC.