Redesigning care, with your safety top of mind.In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, GBMC Health Partners will continue to offer telehealth video visits for anyone who prefers that option. Please call your provider or login to MyChart to schedule an in-person or telehealth video visit today! If you have an existing appointment that you'd like to reschedule, please do so directly from your MyChart account.
* Please expect delays as our staff endeavor to assist all patients with their needs and questions. Do not send multiple MyChart messages or walk in to GBMC Health Partners locations without an appointment. We understand that patients are eager for access to care, and we are doing everything possible to respond to each patient as quickly as possible.
The following practices are experiencing issues with their phone lines due to a service interruption with an outside vendor:
- GBMC Health Partners Eye Center at Joppa Road
- GBMC Health Partners at Jonestown
- GBMC Health Partners at Hunt Manor
- GBMC Health Partners at Hunt Valley
- GBMC Health Partners at Jarrettsville
- GBMC Health Partners at Owings Mills (Family Care and Internal Medicine)
- GBMC Health Partners at Padonia
- Dr. Caren Craig's office
- Ambulatory Testing Center
- The Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at Crossroads
- West Road Business Office
If you need to reach your medical provider, please use the MyChart patient portal at gbmc.org/mychart. MyChart can be used for secure messaging with a provider, prescription refills, accessing test results, and more!
If you have tried using MyChart and still have an urgent need, please call 443-849-8556 for assistance. If this is a true medical emergency, please dial 911.
GBMC will be sending out additional communications to keep you informed as we work to address the vendor's service disruption.
Yours in good health,
GBMC Health Partners
Keeping You SafeHospitals and medical offices are now permitted to see patients for all types of care, including elective surgery. We have been working hard to ensure that the hospital and physicians' practices are ready for you. We have redesigned the way we provide care with your safety in mind.
We will continue to offer telehealth video visits for anyone who prefers that option. However, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to protect your safety when you need to come to the hospital, a primary care office, or one of our specialty practices.
Some of the measures GBMC Health Partners is taking to protect patients include:
- GBMC Health Partners is seeing patients in person and via telehealth video visits. Using video visits allows you to talk with your doctor without leaving home. This reduces the number of patients coming through the office and decreases the potential for inadvertent exposure of patients and staff to COVID-19. Thus, in-person visits can be done safely for those who need them. We encourage you to utilize MyChart for your telehealth needs, and you can also call your doctor if you need help. We are ready to assist you.
- Extensive cleaning of all work spaces and patient areas is performed between encounters and throughout the day.
- All patients, providers, and staff members attest to COVID related symptoms upon arrival and must wear masks (along with other appropriate personal protective equipment "PPE" if necessary).
- All patients are asked COVID-19 screening questions when they make their appointment and again when they arrive. Patients are given specific appointment times to limit the number of people in the offices at one time, and are kept in private exam rooms during their visits.
- To allow for safe distancing, our office hours may be adjusted during this time, and offices themselves have been rearranged. In certain locations, there may be physical barriers in place, and in some cases, family members may be asked to wait in their vehicles. One family member or friend may accompany a patient to the appointment.
- All surgical patients are tested for COVID-19 pre-operatively.
- COVID-19 positive patients and patients under investigation (PUIs) who require hospital admission are sequestered in the hospital. Outpatients who are COVID-19 positive or PUIs are encouraged to utilize telehealth video visits to determine whether in-person care is needed.
Offering extended services to patients who frequently come to the Emergency Room (ER) for medical care.Our primary goals are to remove the barriers that stop people from receiving the healthcare they need and to transition them to a patient-centered medical home near their home or workplace. Our team strives to create relationships with our patients that will follow them through their journey towards better health.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve found yourself in the ER often, GBMC Health Partners — Complex Care can help keep you out of the hospital. We’re here to help you identify and address challenges you may be facing that are stopping you from maintaining good health.
The ER isn’t always the best place to go when you need healthcare, and we encourage you to call us first! While you should always call 911 in a true medical emergency, the ER is focused on short-term care. When you have an ongoing or complicated illness (diabetes, high cholesterol, and obesity are some examples), it’s much better to get your care from a practice like ours that provides you with a consistent team. We want to help you take control of your health and eliminate things that might keep you from getting care, so you can stay healthy in the long term.
What's different about the GBMC Health Partners – Complex Care?
GBMC Health Partners — Complex Care’s multidisciplinary team works to help patients maintain their health and avoid hospital visits. We offer longer appointments to give you as much time with your physician as you need. We can help coordinate appointments with other specialists so that as much of your care as possible can be given at the same time. GBMC Health Partners — Complex Care also connects patients with resources that might be helpful to them outside the hospital.
What can GBMC Health Partners – Complex Care do for you?
We will do everything we can to make sure you get the care that you need. We offer a variety of resources that can help you with:
- Arranging transportation
- Understanding insurance coverage
- Covering the cost of prescription drugs
- Keeping track of medications
- Scheduling any testing you need
- Connecting you with specialists
- Setting and achieving goals
- Finding community resources
- Coping with stress
- Providing behavioral and mental health services
- Addressing any other issues that make it difficult for you to receive the medical care you need
You have access to your doctor 24 hours per day, seven days per week. If you have any questions about your care, call the office at 443-849-4360 and a receptionist will answer the phone — you will never be routed to a machine. If he or she is unable to answer your question, you will be connected to your doctor directly. Our physicians are always on-call for our patients.
If an appointment is needed, one will be scheduled as soon as possible. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You can also contact your doctor through our patient portal, MyChart, which you can sign up for at your first appointment. Through this portal, you can send messages to your doctor, request appointments, view test results, and more.
Who will be caring for you?
GBMC Health Partners — Complex Care offers a consistent and comprehensive team to work through whatever health issues you’re experiencing. You can work with as many or as few of them as you need. We have the following people available to care for you:
- Social Worker
- Home Health Coach
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Behavioral Health and Substance Use Consultants
Patients can schedule appointments as often as they feel they need to, for as long as they need to. This can be as frequently as once per week.
How do you get there?
Once you have entered GBMC’s property, follow the signs to the Rose Parking Lot to park your car.
Enter the Main Lobby of the Hospital and turn right to take elevator A to the 4th floor.
Once you have reached the 4th floor, turn left and follow the signs to suite 4105.