There are several ways to contact the police if calling 911 is not an option. You can have a family member or friend call the non-emergency number at 410-887-2222, you can email email@example.com, call the Special Victims Unit at 410-887-2223, or call GBMC’s Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (SAFE) and Domestic Violence (DV) Program at 443-849-3323.
In addition to having specially trained officers that are ready to respond to emergencies, the Baltimore County Police Department works in conjunction with the following community partners to offer housing and counseling services if you are in need:
- Turn Around – www.turnaroundinc.org, 24-hour helpline: 443-279-0379
- Provides therapeutic services to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence including legal advocacy, shelter, employment readiness, and case management
- Child Advocacy Center – 410-853-3000
- Provides a child-friendly, safe, and neutral location so that law enforcement and child protective services may conduct interviews with children who are possible victims of crimes
- House of Ruth – www.hruth.org, 24-hour hotline: 410-889-7884
- Provides services to victims of intimate partner violence including emergency shelter, legal clinic services, counseling services, and abuse intervention