Using a patient-centered approach, SAFE & DV nurses attend to victims’ medical needs while expertly documenting injuries and collecting evidence of crimes. Laura Clary, BSN, RN, FNE-A/P, SANE-A, Clinical Program Manager, talked with WMAR’s Erin MacPherson more specifically about the services offered and discussed the upcoming Walk a Mile in Their Shoes event. Some of the topics she covered include:
- Community partnerships that extend care beyond the walls of GBMC
- Dedicated spaces within the SAFE & DV suite specifically designed for children
- The effects that COVID-19 has had on victims
- How the team has adjusted workflows to provide a safe and comfortable environment during the pandemic
- Ways the community can support the SAFE & DV Program
If you or someone you know is experiencing abuse or assault, call the SAFE & DV private hotline at 443-849-3323 or visit www.gbmc.org/safe-dv. You are not alone, we are here to help.