Serving Size: 4-6 ounces
- 1 1/2 lb skirt steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 6 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4 oz fresh green beans, cut into halves
- 2 oz Sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper
1. Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sriracha and lime juice. Add the beef, toss, and set aside
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add steak and sauce (from step 1) and simmer for 3-5 minutes until fully cooked.
3. Remove the steak and set aside. Reduce the sauce in the pan until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add ginger, garlic and scallions and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft.
6. Add green beans and bell peppers and sauté until soft about 2-3 minutes.
7. Return the steak to the pan and toss.
8. Serve immediately.
Every month, GBMC holds a Facebook Live cooking demonstration featuring healthy recipes from The Sleeved Chef, Michael Salamon. Michael graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and is passionate about “teaching cooking techniques and recipes to pre- and post-operative bariatric patients.” He had a type of bariatric surgery known as a sleeve gastrectomy in September 2016 and enjoys sharing his knowledge of cooking with fellow weight loss patients. Co-hosting the demonstration with him is Jana Wolff, RD, LDN, Director of Nutrition for GBMC’s Comprehensive Obesity Management Program, where Michael was treated.