Thanksgiving Turkey Burger
Please tune in to GBMC’s Facebook page on Tuesday, December 19 at 6pm for another live cooking demonstration with Michael and Jana!
2 lbs of 93% lean ground turkey
1 yellow onion, minced
2 celery stalks, minced
2 carrots, peeled and minced
4 oz. dried cranberries
1 bunch fresh sage
1 bunch fresh thyme
1 bunch fresh rosemary
Kosher salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
8 slices low-fat extra sharp cheddar
Watch the Thanksgiving turkey burger cooking demonstration here!
1. Sauté the onion in extra virgin olive oil over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the celery and carrots and sauté until they soften. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set vegetables aside on a plate.
2. Mix ground turkey, herbs, cranberries, vegetables, salt and pepper until well combined.
3. Form the meat and vegetable combination into 4oz patties.
4. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add the burgers. Cook for 2 minutes before flipping them. Continue to cook until burgers are browned on each side and the meat measures 165 degrees’ internal temperature.
5. Top with sliced low-fat cheddar cheese until melted.
Recipe yields 8 servings
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 3g