Pavilion North - Suite 125
Towson, MD 21204
GBMC's Comprehensive Obesity Management Program (COMP) understands the lifelong commitment required for bariatric surgery patients and offers a variety of services to help patients before, during and after their procedures. Recognized by the Metabolic and Bariatric surgery accreditation and qualify improvement program (MBSAQIP), COMP is noted for the comprehensive nature of its services and for exceptional patient outcomes.Through COMP, individuals have access to the following:
- Free information sessions before making the decision to have bariatric surgery
- Regular appointments with a registered dietitian to prepare for surgery and adjust to post-surgery lifestyle and nutrition
- Three types of bariatric surgery (gastric band, gastric sleeve, gastric bypass) performed by top bariatric surgeons, often using laparoscopic techniques
- Bariatric support groups before and after surgery
- eCoach e-mail program, which offers helpful tips and articles to assist patients throughout their weight loss journeys
In addition, COMP has partnered up with an exercise physiologist and psychologist to provide patients with comprehensive approach to treating morbid obesity.
People with a body mass index (BMI) between 35-40 who suffer from comorbid conditions such as heart disease or type 2 diabetes, or BMI of 40 or greater may qualify for some form of bariatric surgery. To learn more about bariatric surgery through COMP, attend a free Information Session.
|Maps and Directions