It's Time to Start the Conversation
Advance care planning is when you and your health care provider talk about what kind of treatment you want in different circumstances at the end of your life. It may be hard to talk about, but it is important to make plans for the end of your life while you are of clear mind and sound body.
Did you know? 92 percent of people say talking with their loved ones about their preferences for care is important. Yet only 32 percent have actually done this. Talk to your health care provider about choosing a health care agent and check out the resources below to learn more.
- Health Care Agent Form - Please return this form to your provider via email, fax, or mail
- How to Make Sure Your Loved Ones Know the Medical Care You'd Want
- Who Can Make Health Care Decisions for Another? Defining Health Care Proxies
- Maryland Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
- Maryland Advance Directive: Planning for Future Health Care Decisions