Our nurses are critical members of the team who implement treatments, measure outcomes, and provide evidence-based care. Join our independent community healthcare system and let us spotlight your talents.
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fixed and flexible scheduling
- Vacation and sick leave
- Company paid short & long term disability
- Subsidized MTA buss passes
- Free parking
- On-site child care
- Unique recognition programs
- 24/7 Fitness Center
The Art of Nursing
At GBMC HealthCare we celebrate the Art of Nursing and each of its components through our Nursing Recognition Program, culminating in the Art of Nursing celebration every year!Watch Now
Angie Feurer, RN, MSN, NEA-BC
Interim Chief Nursing OfficerAngie Feurer, RN, MSN, NEA-BC, was named interim Chief Nursing Officer of GBMC in July 2022. Angie has been a nurse leader for 24 years, including her most recent role as Director of the Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Medicine/Telemetry, SAFE, and the Stroke Program. Angie played a critical role as an Incident Commander during COVID-19.
Prior to coming to GBMC, Angie worked as the Assistant Nurse Manager for the Neuroscience Critical Care Unit and then as Nurse Manager of the Neuroscience Acute Care and Epilepsy Monitoring Unit at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. She earned a Master of Science Degree in Nursing from Stevenson University and her Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from Towson University. She is currently pursuing her Doctor of Nursing Practice at the University of Maryland.
At GBMC, we believe with proper mentoring, nurses can grow their careers and propagate a culture of autonomy. The introduction of the Professional Excellence Model (PEM) is helping us achieve this. The PEM model includes the following:
- New positions added to create more opportunities for career growth
- Clear tracks will be laid out for professional development
- Improved care when each level is able to operate at the top of their licenses
- Assistant Directors will get involved by attending hospital-wide committees
- Managers will focus on being unit-based and mentoring and growing their staff
- Directors can focus on strategic planning
The goal is to keep staff engaged and proactive. Our nurses see a clear path to accomplishing their professional goals.