Press Releasesview all
GBMC HealthCare Breaks Ground on Two New Buildings
The Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) broke ground today on a three- story 117,000 square-foot building to replace older inpatient rooms and create a new grand entrance to the hospital.
Sandra and Malcolm Berman Name New Cancer Building at GBMC
Sandra and Malcolm Berman have made a transformational gift to GBMC HealthCare to build a new cancer care building on its main hospital campus in Towson, MD. The Sandra R. Berman Pavilion will become the new home of the Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at GBMC.
Greater Baltimore Medical Center Receives High Mark From Grades Group for Patient Safety
Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) recently received an ‘A’ grade from a national hospital-safety organization. GBMC is only one of 12 hospitals in the state to receive this high mark.
Safety of GBMC HealthCare Workforce and Patients is Our Top Priority
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, GBMC HealthCare System has followed the guidance and recommendations of public health agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding its employees’ usage of personal protective equipment.
Baltimore County Family Welcomed Second 'Leapling'
On February 29, Danielle and Jared Bridge received the most precious of gifts from 'the stork' at Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) – their first child, daughter Harper Drew
Media Relations Manager
GBMC Healthcare, Inc.
Journalists should always work with the media relations manager to coordinate interviews with any member within the GBMC HealthCare system which includes:
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC)
- GBMC Health Partners
- GBMC Foundation
- Greater Baltimore Health Alliance (GBHA)
The media relations manager is the official communications link for all GBMC entities and is available to respond to media inquiries or interview requests in a timely manner. We also issue frequent news releases and announcements to keep the communities we serve informed of the latest news and events within GBMC. In addition to providing news releases and tip sheets, we also provide:
- Photographs and digital images
- Interview scheduling
- Background information on GBMC and its entities, leadership and physicians
General Guidelines for media interviews, photographs, and video:
- On duty reporters/photographers are not permitted in GBMC or on the surrounding grounds without the permission from the media relations manager. Reporters and photographers not accompanied by the media relations manager may be escorted off of the campus.
- News vehicles will only park in the Rose Park lot.
- Patient consent must be secured prior to any interview, videotaping or photographing.
- The news team will agree to stop interviewing, taping, or photographing at any time upon the request of the patient, nursing staff, or the media relations manager.