Redesigning care, with your safety top of mind.Hospitals and medical offices are now permitted to see patients for all types of care, including elective surgery. We have been working hard to ensure that the hospital and physicians' practices are ready for you. Please call your provider or login to MyChart to schedule an in-person or telehealth video visit today!
The following practices are experiencing issues with their phone lines due to a service interruption with an outside vendor:
- GBMC Health Partners Eye Center
- GBMC Health Partners at Jonestown
- GBMC Health Partners at Hunt Manor
- GBMC Health Partners at Hunt Valley
- GBMC Health Partners at Jarrettsville
- GBMC Health Partners at Owings Mills (Family Care and Internal Medicine)
- GBMC Health Partners at Padonia
- Dr. Caren Craig's office
- Ambulatory Testing Center
- The Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at Crossroads
- West Road Business Office
If you need to reach your medical provider, please use the MyChart patient portal at gbmc.org/mychart. MyChart can be used for secure messaging with a provider, prescription refills, accessing test results, and more!
If you have tried using MyChart and still have an urgent need, please call 443-849-8556 for assistance. If this is a true medical emergency, please dial 911.
GBMC will be sending out additional communications to keep you informed as we work to address the vendor's service disruption.
Yours in good health,
GBMC Health Partners
Keeping You SafeHospitals and medical offices are now permitted to see patients for all types of care, including elective surgery. We have been working hard to ensure that the hospital and physicians' practices are ready for you. We have redesigned the way we provide care with your safety in mind.
We will continue to offer telehealth video visits for anyone who prefers that option. However, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to protect your safety when you need to come to the hospital, a primary care office, or one of our specialty practices.
Some of the measures GBMC Health Partners is taking to protect patients include:
- GBMC Health Partners is seeing patients in person and via telehealth video visits. Using video visits allows you to talk with your doctor without leaving home. This reduces the number of patients coming through the office and decreases the potential for inadvertent exposure of patients and staff to COVID-19. Thus, in-person visits can be done safely for those who need them. We encourage you to utilize MyChart for your telehealth needs, and you can also call your doctor if you need help. We are ready to assist you.
- Extensive cleaning of all work spaces and patient areas is performed between encounters and throughout the day.
- All patients, providers, and staff members attest to COVID related symptoms upon arrival and must wear masks (along with other appropriate personal protective equipment "PPE" if necessary).
- All patients are asked COVID-19 screening questions when they make their appointment and again when they arrive. Patients are given specific appointment times to limit the number of people in the offices at one time, and are kept in private exam rooms during their visits.
- To allow for safe distancing, our office hours may be adjusted during this time, and offices themselves have been rearranged. In certain locations, there may be physical barriers in place, and in some cases, family members may be asked to wait in their vehicles. One family member or friend may accompany a patient to the appointment.
- All surgical patients are tested for COVID-19 pre-operatively.
- COVID-19 positive patients and patients under investigation (PUIs) who require hospital admission are sequestered in the hospital. Outpatients who are COVID-19 positive or PUIs are encouraged to utilize telehealth video visits to determine whether in-person care is needed.
Meet one team. Connect to an entire health network.You shouldn’t have to take off from work to see your doctor. Now you can get all the services of GBMC Health Partners Primary Care closer to home in Baltimore City.
Our practice is located in historic Jonestown, next door to Helping Up Mission, and offers Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatric care. GBMC at Helping Up Mission can deliver care in English or Spanish, and our practice has extended weekday and weekend hours for appointments. We also provide a secure patient portal that’s accessible 24/7 for you to request an appointment, refill a prescription, view test results, and ask non-urgent questions to your care team.
Each GBMC Health Partners Primary Care practice works as a well-coordinated team to help you manage your health. With locations throughout the Baltimore area, extended weekday and weekend hours, integrated electronic health records and a focus on preventive medicine and chronic disease management, staying healthy and well has never been more convenient.
James E. Baronas, MD, CAQ
James E. Baronas, MD, CAQ
Vicki L. Hyatt, CRNP
Vicki L. Hyatt, CRNP
Priya S. Little, MD
Priya S. Little, MD
Primary Care Services at GBMC
- Physician-led, personalized care coordination team for chronic illnesses
- On-site blood lab and other diagnostic tests
- In-office appointments with specialists
- Electronic medical records; integrated with area hospitals for one patient, one record
- Online portal for scheduling appointments, paying bills, requesting prescription refills, accessing test results, and more
- Seasonal flu-shot clinics at several locations, including a drive-through clinic
- Extended hours: early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Mental Health professionals, including psychiatrists, behavioral health consultants, and substance use consultants
When a Doctor’s Office Becomes a Home
“The hard work and dedication it takes to become a Level 3 PPC-PCMH is well worth it when you look at the benefits it brings to our patients. It is certainly the right thing to do for our community.”Read Now
Just some of the ways that we're changing the face of primary care.
What does it mean?
Our Physician-led team-based approach to healthcare is the foundation of the patient-centered medial home. Nurse care managers work closely with all of the providers on a patient's team to meet the gamut of needs – medical, social, and financial. The goal is to keep community members healthy and out of the hospital.
Who is on my team?
From medical assistants and primary care physicians to diabetes educators and mental health professionals, a customized care team is formed for each patient, depending on his or her needs.
What are the benefits?
Care teams build relationships with patients, making it their mission to ensure people understand how to navigate their healthcare. Our teams track disease patterns, teach proper medication usage, schedule preventive screenings, assist in finding financial resources, and more.
It starts with urgency
Knowing that one in eight women are at risk for developing breast cancer, Medical Assistant Samantha Clayton of GBMC at Hunt Manor repeatedly called and left voicemails for Debra, a patient who was long overdue for a mammogram. Like many patients, Debra was resistant and didn't think she needed the screening. Finally, after many repeated attempts by Samantha, Debra made the appointment. Debra was diagnosed with breast cancer, but luckily, thanks to Samantha's tenacity, it was still at an early and treatable stage. It's very likely those persistent calls by her care team member saved Debra's life.
Diabetes Education Classes
Patients of GBMC Primary Care are able to meet with a Certified Diabetes Educator in any of the participating primary care locations.
- Personalized diabetes training and support
- Meal planning
- Carb counting
- Glucose monitoring
- Taking medication
- Insulin training
- Weight management
Why Advanced Primary Care?
Advanced Primary Care emphasizes:
- Hours that meet the needs of the people
- Chronic disease management
- Accountability for the health of the community
- Keeping them out of the hospital
A focus on primary care has been shown to result in:
in ER visits
Communities that have an adequate supply of primary care providers experience:
- Lower infant mortality
- Healthier children
- Higher immunization rates
- Healthier workforce
The proper system also leads to less waste, because of:
- Fewer hospitalizations
- Less duplication of treatment & testing
- Less healthcare expense/debt; adults who have a PCP accumulate 33% lower healthcare-related costs
- More effective, higher-quality care
Behavioral Health Needs
To us, advanced primary care is about much more than your physical health. That's why we've teamed up with leaders in the industry to start the Collaborative Care Program. Mental health professionals, including psychiatrists, licensed social workers, and behavioral health and substance use experts, are all part of the care team at GBMC, when needed. These experts work together to proactively address a wide range of conditions including anxiety, depression, addiction, autism, schizophrenia, and more. Our Behavioral Health Care Managers (BHCMs) provide custom recommendations to best fit the needs of each patient and work with their primary care providers to create individual care plans. Support from the BHCM is provided in the method that works best for patients – phone, MyChart message, video chat, or in-person visit – and is offered at a time that fits your needs.