New Employee Orientation
On behalf of the Human Resources and Learning and Organization Development departments, we welcome you to employment at GBMC HealthCare by inviting you to attend New Employee Orientation. If you have any questions about the orientation process, please contact your Human Resources Business Partner (listed in your offer letter) or the Learning and Organization Development department at 443-849-2270.
New Employee Orientation is held on select Mondays during the month and is a full-day program. Registration begins promptly at 7:30 a.m., and is required before being admitted to the Orientation presentation, which begins at 7:45 a.m. The Executive Welcome begins at 8:00 a.m., at which time the doors close to preserve the learning environment.
What to bring:
- Employee identification badge (if you have already received one). All others will receive their badge at orientation.
- A pen
- A sweater or jacket in case the room is cool.
- Whatever you would like to drink or eat. Pitchers of water will be available. Lunch will be provided on Monday.
What we provide:
- Lunch will be provided on Monday; however, if you do not care to eat the boxed lunch, please bring a lunch with you. Please note: there is limited availability to purchase lunches in the Civiletti Conference Center.
- There are vending machines on the premises to purchase cold drinks and snacks. Please note there is no availability to purchase coffee. Please bring your own, if desired.
GBMC is a professional working environment and therefore employees are expected to dress accordingly. If your department requires you to wear a uniform while on duty, you are welcome to wear that to orientation. Jeans, shorts, tank tops, flip flops, sweatpants, and tightly fitted clothing will not be allowed. Appropriate shoes are required. Questions about appropriate dress code for your department can be directed to your new manager, whose name and telephone number are listed in your offer letter.
New Employee Orientation is typically held in the following location:
Civiletti Conference Center
Physicians Pavilion East, Ground Floor
6565 N. Charles St.
Towson, MD 21204
All new employees should park in the Tulip Park garage on the second floor or above. To access Tulip Park, enter GBMC’s main entrance from North Charles Street and follow the signs to the Emergency Department. Once at the Emergency Department, proceed through the stop sign and up the hill following the signs to Tulip Park/ South Chapman building. Tulip Park is located past Physicians Pavilion North on the left side of the road.
2018 Orientation Schedule
You can contact Human Resources at 443-849-2204 if you have any additional questions.