GBMC ranks as one of the busiest labor and delivery units in Maryland and our state-of-the-art labor & delivery suite provides obstetrical care for adult and adolescent women 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- 4 triage rooms
- 17 beautiful birthing rooms
- 3 operating rooms
- 5-bed PACU
- Registered Nurses
- Advanced practitioners
- OB Physician attending
- OB/Surgical Technicians
- Soft natural lighting and low sound design
- Private bathroom
- Comfortable sofa that converts to a sleeping space for your significant other
- Flat screen television
- Wireless Internet access
- Side-rail patient bed control pendant for the TV, lights and bed
- A patient information board is provided that includes the names of your care-team and pertinent telephone numbers for your convenience
Victor A. Khouzami, MD
Director, Women's Health Service Line
Dr. Khouzami is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology and maternal-fetal medicine. He received his medical degree from American University, Beirut, competed his residency at GBMC and his fellowship at Johns Hopkins University.
Claire Weitz, MD
Division Head, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Dr. Weitz is board-certified in obstetrics & gynecology and maternal-fetal medicine. She received her medical degree from Albany Medical College of Union University, completed her residency in Gynecology and Obstetrics and a fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Urgent and Emergency Care for Pregnant Women
- Natural Vaginal Deliveries
- Cesarean Section Deliveries
- D&C Procedures
- Cervical Sutures
- Tubal Ligations
- Emergency Postpartum Hysterectomies
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The Birth of Rare Identical Triplets
Kristen and Tom Hewitt got the surprise of their lives when they learned they would become an instant family of five!Read the Story
Frequently Asked Questions
Patients in labor should come to the Obstetrics entrance and go to the registration desk in the OB Atrium. Vehicles dropping off patients in labor may temporarily park in specially marked parking spaces near the Obstetrics entrance.
Where should I park?
GBMC offers complimentary valet service at the Obstetrics entrance for GBMC patients and visitors. This service is provided Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 6:00 Pm, except for holidays or during adverse weather conditions. The closest garage is Lily Park.
Can I get a parking discount?
Yes, there are several options available for your convenience:
- Weekly: Unlimited trips over 7 consecutive days - $15
- Coupon Book: 10 trips with no time limit - $30
How many visitors can I have during labor and delivery?
Five visitors are allowed during labor and three during delivery. Two visitors will be allowed in the OR or PACU area.
What kinds of things should I pack in my overnight bag?
Some common items include:
- Diversions, such as cards, games, or books